For translation select language below
For your private cookery lesson you can choose from the set menus or from the selection below. If there is a particular dish that is not listed but you would like to make please ask and we will do our best to accomodate it. Maria willl provide all the ingredients for your meal.
- Melanzane al forno (grilled aubergine)
- Peperonata (pan fried pepper) about
- Carciofi fritti (fried artichoke)
- Fiori di zucca fritti (fried zucchini flowers)
- Fiori di zucca ripieni (stuffed zucchini flowers)
- Mazzetti di asparagi con pancetta e formaggio (asparagus wrapped with pancetta and cheese)
- Involtini di melanzane ( aubergine rolls)
- Peperoni al forno (grilled bellpeppers)
- Caprese di mozzarella e pomodoro (salad of mozzarella, tomatoes and basil)
- Polpette di carne (fried meatballs)
- Friselline con pomodorini (friselline with tomatoes salad)
- Scamorzine al forno (bacon/pancetta wrapped local cheese)
- Polpette di melanzane (fried aubergine balls)
- Parmigiana di melanzane (aubergine parmigiana )
- Zucchine alla poverella (zucchini frittata with cheese and tomatoes)
- Frittata di carciofi o zucchine o asparagi (zucchini or artichoke or asparagus frittata)
- Melanzane ripiene (stuffed aubergine)
- Carne alla pizzaiola (sliced meat alla pizzaiola)
- Risotto con gamberi e fiori di zucca (risotto with shrimp and zucchini flowers)
- Cavatelli con vongole e cozze (cavatelli pasta with mussels and clams)
- Pasta con cavolfiori e pancetta (pasta with cauliflower and bacon)
- Pasta al tonno (pasta with tuna ) 1hr
- Pasta al forno con melanzane (pasta casserole with aubergine)
- Verza stufata (cabbage sautee with pancetta/ bacon)
- Orecchiette con sugo di braciole (orecchiette pasta with tomatoes sauce and sliced stuffed meat rolls)
- Lasagna al forno (oven baked lasagna with tomato sauce
- Pizza with different toppings
- Focaccia with tomatoes
- Pizzitello (focaccia stuffed with onions, olives and cheese)
- Crema di limoncello 4 hrs (needs lemon zest in alcohol seven days before)
- Limoncello 1hr (preparation) + seven days before drinking
Please contact us for further information.
Maria our cook says:
"When I was a child I loved watching my grandma prepare Sunday lunch for the whole family, simple recipes handed down from generation to generation, and especially making the pasta (orecchiette) that I used to place individually on a towel, and in rows, so that they would all dry thoroughly and perfectly. This cooking experience was enhanced by watching the methods used by my mother whose skills have now been passed to me. Although I don't lay the pasta neatly on a table cloth anymore I still continue to cook for family and friends and enjoy myself. These bring back memories of my ancestors whom I like to talk about to others and to the many friends I've met around the world, teaching them the simple and good things of bygone days, with the little secrets that have been taught to me from knowledge that has been passed down over the generations. It's a way to spread my culture (the local one of Martina Franca) that would otherwise be lost along with the memory of all those people long gone"
Puglia's reputation for cheap Primitivo and Negroamaro wines is gradually being replaced with one of high quality wines made from locally harvested grapes.
Experience some of these wines in the privacy of your Puglia Holiday Rental home. Our friendly wine tasting expert will bring a selection of good quality Puglian wines and share his knowledge of the history of the wines, explain what to look for in the taste and bouquet, and unravel some of the jargon often used when describing wines.
The wine tasting event is both informative and entertaining so whether your a first timer or a seasoned wine taster you will have an enjoyable and memorable evening.
The wines will also be accompanied by a selection of local cheeses, cold meats, etc.
CHICKEN PARMIGANO - Serves 4
- 2 large whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs seasoned with grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups Italian tomato sauce
- fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced or grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Skillet, oven-proof dish; oven with broiler.
PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F.
- TRIM and carefully slice the chicken breasts so you have thin escalope type slices and coat with the breadcrumbs.
- ON medium-high heat, melt the butter together with the olive oil. Sautee the breaded chicken until they are deep golden brown on both sides.
- Warm the tomato sauce or ragu in a saucepan and spread a layer on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Add the cooked cutlets to the baking dish and cover with the rest warm tomato sauce and the sliced/grated mozzarella.
- COOK the chicken parmesan in the oven for ten minutes until the cheese has melted/browned. Keep an eye on it so the cheese does not burn.
- SERVE with grated Parmesan cheese and with pasta or a green salad and or bread.
VARIATION: For a thicker crustier escalope dip the chicken first in flour, then in a beaten, raw egg before adding the breadcrumbs.